Applied to online form collecting stakeholder engagement information in the frames of the project PREFERABLE-II.
Throughout this document, when we refer to “our” or “us”, we are talking about “European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)”, the entity responsible for your data. When we refer to “your” or “you” or “data subject”, we are addressing you, the individual or entity whose personal data are processed. When we refer to “the project”, we are talking about the project PREFERABLE-II. If you have any questions or concerns or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the information provided in this policy.
1. Data Controller
The data controller for the processing of your personal data is:
Organisation Name: European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)
Registered Office:Rue Montoyer 40, B-1000 Brussels
Registration Number: BE0818.999.605.
2. Purpose of Processing
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact You: To communicate with you via email regarding our project.
- To provide You with project-related information and news: This includes newsletters, information about events, and updates about publications and reports.
3. The Lawful Basis for the Processing
The lawful bases for processing your personal data are set out in Article 6 (1) a) and Article 9 (1), (2) a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Consent: By completing the online form, you have given your explicit consent for the processing of your personal data for the specified purposes (s. “2. The Purpose of Processing”).
4. The Categories of Personal Data Collected
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- Email address,
- Health and family information (only optionally).
5. The Recipients of the Personal Data
Your personal data may be shared with the European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC) and organizations participating in the consortium that is responsible for implementing the project PREFERABLE-II.
6. International Data Transfers
The transfer of personal data to third countries or international organisations, if required, will be performed in compliance with applicable international regulations.
7. Data Retention
Your personal data will be retained until the conclusion of the project PREFERABLE-II, which is expected to be in October 2027. At the end of the project, your data will be securely deleted or anonymized.
8. Rights of Data Subjects
As an individual whose personal data are processed, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access your personal data and supplementary information.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten) in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability, allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- The right to object to processing in certain circumstances.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time, where relevant.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you believe your data protection rights have been violated.
9. The source of Personal Data
The personal data we collect is sourced directly from individuals who willingly choose to participate in the survey and have completed the online form.
10. Contact Information
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights under GDPR, you can contact us at the following address:
European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)
Rue Montoyer 40, B-1000 Brussels